....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Fashion Board

It's time to put away the sweaters and boots! As much as I love knee high socks and ponchos, I'm clearing them out of the closet and making room for warm weather clothes. Bring on the sandals, dresses and shorts! Do I hear any "hallelujahs" out there? In comparison to the other seasons, spring is unique in that you can still wear some of your favorite colder weather pieces by mixing them with shorts or skirts. Who says you can't pair a linen scarf with a tank-top? It's fun and adds personality to your style- try it and see what you think. Mixing and matching garments to find new looks is one of my favorite things to do.

With the help of Pinterst, I created a board of some of my favorite spring staples. These looks are to die for and inspire me when I'm shopping as well as when I'm mixing and matching my already purchased pieces. 



1. Lace top + sequin tank + pastel colored skinny jeans: This may be one of my favorite looks on the board. Hence, #1. I, in fact, loved it so much I ran to Express and purchased the lace top. The light pink skinnies are next on my list. Colored skinny jeans are so "in" this season- I heart them. But seriously, is this look amazing or what?! Add some gold accessories and BOOM- stunner.

2. Glitz, bling, and shimmer: I am a sucker for anything that shines! I am in love with this gold shimmery blouse, not only for it's bling, but for the fit as well. Loose and baggy- I love you.

3. Floral + Stripes: Don't be afraid to mix colors and patterns- it's so trendy right now. The fact that you can just pick a few of your favorite pieces and make an outfit that works is so much fun. Go for it, I know I am! 

4. Leopard + Stripes: Repeat of what I said above. And did I mention that I'm addicted to anything leopard print? It's so much fun!

5. Sheer maxi dress + lace vest + skinny brown belt: I love maxi dresses! They are so comfortable, cool and stylish. I like that this dress is sheer and has a flap up top- winner in my book. Paired with a lace vest and brown leather skinny belt- drooling. 

6. Cobalt blue sheer blouse: Color, color and more color this season. It's all about making a statement. Sheer and color all in one is right up my alley. I love the loose breezy fit and the pockets. Such a great top. 

7. Pink blazer + maxi skirt + chunky belt: Blazers are very trendy right now- I'm loving it! There's something about making a masculine piece look so feminine that I absolutely adore. You can pair them with trousers, jeans, shorts, dresses AND skirts. Umm ... HELLO amazing wardrobe piece. I'm addicted to maxi skirts as much as I am maxi dresses. The print on this skirt is perfection. I want this outfit, like yesterday. 

8. Belted skirt with tucked in sheer blouse: This is another one of my favorite ensembles I've come across on Pinterest. From the color palette to the accessories to the fit- it's spectacular. Doesn't it scream "Fashionista"!? I particularly love how the leopard and hat pull it all together. Swooning...

Well if that wasn't a tease I don't know what is ;) I'll just keep pretending like every time I pin someone on Pinterest that it will magically become part of my wardrobe. I'll keep dreaming. Am I the only one out there? Thanks for stopping by, let me know if you want to go shopping! Haha ...

Stay tuned, I'll be posting "Accessories," "Shoes," and "Summer" boards soon...

No comments: