....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday, April 8, 2013

Baby Jack | Newborn + Lifesyle Sessions

The last three years of photographing newborns has been so enjoyable. Each time I get my hands on those sweet littles, all I can do is fall in love. I'm such a sucker for wrinkly toes, tiny fingers and milk breath. I got my baby fix alright, but let's face it: I had to have one. 

World, meet our sweet Baby Jack!





Okay, I know what you're thinking... "Is that all?" Haha! The answer is yes! After all this time I would have thought I would take a million photographs of my own newborn. I even stocked up on props in anticipation of the arrival of our little guy. Let me just say, it did not work out like I envisioned. Oh how easy it is to forget how much time and energy goes into caring for a newborn! Being the mom and photographer is pretty tricky. Getting the shots I got took every last ounce of energy I had. My goal was to get at least 2 or 3 that I was really happy with, and that's what I did. :) If you've followed my blog you've seen some of my "behind the scenes" posts that show how much goes into those little ones (you can see those here, here and here). They are a lot of work! Looking back I feel good about the shots I got and walk away with a whole new respect for those new mamas I visit when I go to my newborn sessions. Jack has several years of being mama's baby model ahead of him, I'm sure we'll make up for it.

In addition to the photographs I took, we were very fortunate to have Nicole of Free People Photography come to our home for a lifestyle session. Baby Jack was 6 days old when she came, which is the perfect time for newborn sessions. You may remember me mentioning Nicole when I shared our maternity session that she did for us. Yea, she ROCKS! Thanks again Nicole!! I absolutely adore them. :)
















And I'll end with this: a typography canvas I made that sums it all up!





No comments: